Lying Face Down Plate Neck Resistance is a distinctive exercise for strength that focuses primarily on neck muscles. It’s a moderate level of training exercise that demands the right guidance, experience and security. The workout generally increases the strength of neck muscles and the region that surrounds the shoulders. The lower body is isolated and it’s just the upper body as well as the head that perform the movement. Lying Face Down Plate Neck Resistance exercise will strengthen the neck and improve posture and stability of the body. A face-down, reclining neck strength is an exercise that targets neck and upper traps.
Instruction for Lying Face Down Plate Neck Resistance
- Place your face on the floor with your body in a straight line on a flat bench, while you are holding a weight plate over your head. Tips: You will need to make sure that your shoulders are higher than the edge of a bench that is flat to allow your upper chest and neck to stay away from the bench. This is the starting point.
- As you keep the plate securely to the back of your head, gradually move your head down (as as if you are saying”yes”) while you breathe into.
- Bring your head back to your starting position in a semi-circle motion while you exhale. Make sure to hold the contraction for one second.
- Repeat until you reach the recommended number of repetitions.
- Avoid sudden jerks or shakey movements that could lead to neck injuries. It is best to start without any resistance or plates and gradually introduce them as you become familiar to the Lying Face Down Plate Neck Resistance exercise.
- Don’t make use of your hands to lower your head or make the motion of jerking when returning to your starting position.
- The neck-stretch exercise, which is performed face-down, is a free-weights exercise that is primarily targeted at the neck.
- One of the only lie face down neck resistance equipment you need is flat benches or weight plate. There are many neck-resistance lying face-down options that you can test out. They may require different kinds of lying face-down neck resistance equipment or even require a no equipment at all.