A great way to build muscle is to get the best EZ-Bar Curl in 2022. Curl bars work better than straight barbells to focus on different muscle groups and move more weight than dumbbells. Curl bars have a more natural grip than regular bars. Curl bars are easy to use, even for amateurs and beginners. Curl bars are smaller and more maneuverable than straight bars.
Standing EZ-bar curls are a popular exercise that targets the biceps. This exercise is often done for moderate to high reps in an upper body or arms-focused training program. Many gyms have EZ bars at fixed weights that allow for weight changes.
Instructions for EZ-Bar Curl
- Holding the EZ-Bar Curl’s wide outer handle, stand straight and hold it. Your palms should face forward, with your hands slightly tilted inwardly due to the bar’s shape. Your elbows should be close to your torso. This is your starting position.
- While keeping your upper arms still, inhale while extending your biceps and bringing the weights forward. Only move your forearms.
- Keep increasing the weight until the bar is above your shoulder. For a moment, hold the top contract position and squeeze your biceps.
- Inhale, then slowly lower the bar to its original position.
- Continue repeating until you reach the maximum number of repetitions.
Additional Information for EZ-Bar Curl
- The EZ bars feature an undulating middle section that allows for semi-supinated gripping. This allows the biceps and joints to be isolated, while still maintaining a comfortable grip. Your wrists should be in the strongest position. Turning your wrists towards your body “locks the joint” and keeps it stable. You can tilt your wrists towards your body if you’re an experienced lifter to reduce the impact of your forearms. Do your warm-up first, and don’t lift weights that put a strain on your wrists.
- To achieve larger biceps, you must ensure that your muscles are doing all the lifting. You must also eliminate momentum so that your muscles can do more work. Begin by keeping your arms straight and your triceps tightened. Next, start each rep by pressing your biceps. Do not swing your elbows in the opposite direction. Continue to keep your elbows straight and tighten your biceps. After reaching the top, squeeze your biceps and lower the bar slowly. Then, straighten your arms completely at the bottom, before you begin the next rep.
- Your elbows should be straight for standing curls. Your elbows should not move forward or backward. This puts tension on your biceps and will cause them to grow less. When you are seated at a preacher’s bench, your elbows should be in line with the padding. The weight of the bar is too heavy if your elbows can’t move when you lift it, standing or sitting. It should be reduced.
- To keep your torso upright while standing, pull your shoulders back and lift your chest. This will prevent your shoulders and upper back from hunching forwards. It also helps to keep your bar in a good position. To ensure the best lifting position, keep your shoulders back while seated.
- Keep your head up throughout the set. Also, keep your neck straight by elevating your chin. Although it can be tempting to drop your chin towards your chest during a hard set, this can cause pressure on your neck and upper spine. This can also increase when you lift the bar and can cause your shoulders to roll forwards. You can observe your form by standing in front of the mirror. Keep your chin up, your neck and head aligned.
Alternates of EZ-Bar Curl
- Barbell Curl
- Dumbbell Alternate Bicep Curl