One of the most effective bicep isolation exercises is the lying incline bench barbell curl. Mostly target your whole biceps.
The free weights exercise of curling a bench barbell high is for the biceps.
You only really need the following lying high bench barbell curling equipment: flat bench and barbell. You can however try different variations of the lying high bench barbell curl. These may require different types or even no equipment.
It is easy to learn how to properly curl a lying high-bench barbell using these lying high-bench barbell instructions and tips. Also, you can watch the video tutorial on how to curl a lying high-bench barbell. The lying high bench barbell curl can be done by anyone with intermediate fitness or exercise experience. You can see the video of the lying high barbell curl and how to do it.
Instructions for the Lying High Bench Barbell Curl
- Place your palms facing upward on a flat, tall bench. Tip Grab a barbell using a shoulder-width grip. If you’re using an EZ Bar, grab the inner handles. The barbell should be placed so that your upper body is above the end of the bench. Your arms should be extended perpendicularly to the floor. This is your starting position.
- Keep your elbows straight and your upper arms still. Now, lift the weight in a semi-circle motion and contract the biceps. For a second, hold the weight at the top.
- Slowly return to your starting position as you inhale. Tip Keep your weight under control and avoid swinging. During the movement, the forearms must remain still.
- Continue repeating until you reach the maximum number of repetitions.
- Only bend at your elbows. When lifting the weight, don’t allow your elbows to reach forward.
- For best results, squeeze your biceps at the top of the movement.
- Keep the weight at a steady level. Slowly lower the bar, but don’t allow the weight to fall too quickly.
Alternative Exercises for Lying High Bench Barbell Curl
- Cable Rope Preacher Hammer Curl
- Barbell Curls Lying Against An Incline
- Face-down Incline Dumbbell Biceps Curl